Forth Valley Food Festival
Forth Valley Food Festival (12 – 21 October) celebrating the best of the local larder.
The festival will highlight over 20 of the region’s local food producers and providers, from Arnprior Pumpkins to Stirling’s new online food market, NeighbourFood.
There’ll also be a programme of local food activities and farm experiences for the whole family get involved in during the school October break, from picking your own pumpkins to farm tours.
The event is supported by Stirling Council and Forth Valley Lomond and LEADER, amongst other partners.
The full festival line-up includes:
- 12 – 21 October, Arnprior Pumpkins, 8.30am – 5.30pm – pick your own pumpkin, get lost in the kale maze and climb bale mountain. Pumpkins from £5. Pre-booking required.
- 13 October, Stirling Farmer’s Market, 10am-4pm – try and buy local produce from Ochil Fudge to freshly baked bread from Riverside Bakery.
- 15 – 21 October, 11am and 2.30pm, Meet the Goats and the other animals at Gartur Stitch Farm, Port of Menteith. Online booking required. Adults £15. Children under 12 are free.
- 16 October, University of Stirling Students’ Union, 7pm – 9pm. Enjoy a film screening of farming documentary In Our Hands. Throughout the week there will also be opportunities to buy local food from the Food Hive co-op and take part in garden tours.
- 18 October, Stirling NeighbourFood, Stirling High School, 4.30-6.30pm – the city’s new online ‘click and collect’ local food market run by Forth Environment Link. Order local produce from eggs and yogurt to cheese and preserves by Tuesday 16 October for pick up on 18 October.
For further details search for #ForthValleyFoodFest on social media. New events and producer profiles will be added throughout the festival week.